- Stanley, Darren and Young, Kelly. (Eds.) (2011). Contemporary Studies in Canadian Curriculum: Principles, Portraits, and Practices. Detsleig: Calgary, AB.
Articles in Journals (Refereed)
- Stanley, Darren. (2009). Complex responsive processes: An alternative interpretation of knowledge, knowing, and understanding, Complicity: An International Journal of Complexity and Education, 6(2), 29-39.
- Stanley, Darren. (2009). Complexity and the phenomenological structure of surprise, Emergence: Complexity and Organization, 11(2), 46-53.
- Namukasa, Immaculate, Stanley, Darren, and Tutche, Martin. (2009). Virtual manipulative materials in secondary mathematics: Theoretical discussion. Journal of Computers in Mathematics and Science Teaching (JCMST), 28(3), 277-307.
- Stanley, Darren. (2007). On the lived-experience and dynamics of health and Illness: Phenomenological complexity and learning organizations, Paideusis: International Journal in Philosophy of Education, 16(3), 57-68.
- Stanley, R. Darren. (2006). Comparative Dynamics: Healthy Collectivities and the Pattern Which Connects. Complicity: An International Journal of Complexity and Education, 3(1), 73-82.
- Stanley, R. Darren. (2004). The body of a ‘healthy’ education system. Journal of Curriculum Theorizing, 20(4), 63-74.
- Stanley, Darren. (2002). A response to Nunokawa’s “Surprises in mathematics lessons”. For the Learning of Mathematics, 22(1), 15-16.
Articles in Professional Journals
- Stanley, Darren and Young, Kelly. (2005). Distributed Leadership as Fostering the Conditions for a Healthy Learning Organization. The CAP Journal, 13(3), Fall 2005, 29-30.
Papers and Presentations (Refereed)
- Stanley, Darren and Yantis, Jack. (2006). Complexity and the Transformation of Education: Creating and Growing Curricular Forms. Presentation at the 16th Annual Society for Chaos Theory in Psychology and Life Sciences (SCTPLS), Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MA, August 5, 2006.
- Stanley, Darren. (2006). Comparative dynamics: A View Toward Healthy Learning Organizations. Paper presented at the Canadian Society for the Study of Education (CSSE), York University, Toronto, Canada, May 30, 2006.
- Stanley, Darren. (2006). The Phenomenological Significance of Uncertainty: The Need for a Circulation Through Lived-Experience and Complexity. Paper presented at the 3rd Biennial Complexity Seminar on the Philosophical, Epistemological and Methodological Implications of Complexity Theory, Havana, Cuba, January 9, 2006.
Papers and Presentations in Conference Proceedings (Refereed)
- Stanley, Darren. (2005). On the Importance of Connectivity in Healthy Learning Organizations: A Comparative Dynamics Perspective. In the Proceedings of the Third Annual Complexity Science and Educational Research Conference, Louisiana State, Robert, LA, November 21, 2005.
- Stanley, R. Darren. (2003). The Body of Education: What Might a “Healthy” Education System Look Like? In the Proceedings of the First Annual Complexity Science and Educational Research Conference, University Of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, October 17, 2003.
- Davis, Brent and Stanley, Darren. (2001). Learning Mathematics Teaching. In Proceedings Of The Twenty-Third Annual Meeting Of The North American Chapter Of The International Group For The Psychology Of Mathematics Education, Snowbird, Utah, October 20, 2001.
Book Chapters (Refereed)
- Stanley, Darren. (2007). “Creating Healthy Learning Organizations: A Complex Approach to a Crisis of Perception.” In Approaches to Educational Leadership and Practice. William Smale and Kelly Young (Eds.) Detselig Enterprises, Calgary, Alberta.
- Stanley, Darren. (2005). “Paradigmatic Complexity: Historical and Emerging Ideas and Views of the Complexity Sciences.” In Chaos, Complexity, Curriculum and Culture: A Conversation. William Doll, M. Jayne Fleener, Donna Truit and John St. Julien. (Eds.) Peter Lang Publishing, New York.
Book Reviews (Refereed)
- Stanley, R. Darren. (2007). The Paradox of Control in Organizations: A Book Review. Complicity: An International Journal of Complexity and Education.
- Stanley, R. Darren. (2005). Ethical Know-How: Action, Wisdom and Cognition: A Book Review. Complicity: An International Journal of Complexity and Education.
- Stanley, R. Darren. (2005). School Leadership and Complexity Theory: A Book Review. Education Review.
- Stanley, Darren. (2009). What complexity science tells us about teaching and learning, What Works? Research into Practice (Research Monograph #17, A serial publication by the Literacy and Numeracy Secretariat of Ontario and the Ontario Association of Deans of Education).